The Kuwait's Ruler swore in a new government on Monday, appointing new oil, finance and defence ministers, said a report.
The move comes weeks after the previous government, which had been formed a year ago, resigned following a dispute with members of parliament who filed a no-confidence motion against a senior minister.
Emir Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah issued a decree naming the new line-up with Sheikh Jaber Mubarak Al-Sabah staying on as prime minister.
Sheikh Nasser Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah, the emir's eldest son aged 69, was appointed as first deputy premier and defence minister, stated the report.
Bakheet Al Rasheedi, a former top oil executive, replaces the outgoing oil minister Essam Al Marzouk, while Nayef Al Hajraf, the ex-chief of Capital Markets Authority, will take over the finance ministry from Anas Al Saleh who was named state minister for cabinet affairs, the report added.
This is the first ministerial job for Sheikh Nasser, who has been the head of the royal court since early 2006.
He is seen as the main driving force behind "Silk City," one of Kuwait's mega projects with investments estimated at more than $100 billion, said the report.
The 16-member cabinet features nine newcomers, including changes at the oil and finance ministries.