Energy ministers, senior industry executives and leading national and international energy experts will be among the featured speakers at India Energy Forum by CERAWeek, October 13-15 in New Delhi. The event, now in its third year, is hosted by IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
“We are pleased to be hosting the third India Energy Forum by CERAWeek again under the patronage of Minister Pradhan and the Indian Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas”
Featured speakers will include:
• Hon. Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, minister of petroleum and natural gas and minister of steel, Government of India
• H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, secretary general of OPEC
• Ajay Kumar Dixit, CEO, Cairn Oil and Gas – Vedanta Ltd.
• Bob Dudley, group CEO, BP
• Hon. Shri Piyush Goyal, minister of railways and minister of commerce and industry, Government of India
• Patrick Pouyanné, chairman and CEO, TOTAL S.A.
• Shashi Shanker, chairman and managing director, ONGC Ltd.
• Prabhat Singh, managing director and CEO, Petronet LNG Ltd.
• Sanjiv Singh, chairman, India Oil Corporation
“We are pleased to be hosting the third India Energy Forum by CERAWeek again under the patronage of Minister Pradhan and the Indian Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas,” said Daniel Yergin, IHS Markit vice chairman and Pulitzer Prize-winning author. “India is building a new energy future, which is having decisive global impact, and the world has taken note. The event will provide an important platform for this important discussion on the opportunities, challenges and strategies in the fast-changing world of energy, and India’s role in it.” India Energy Forum by CERAWeek will convene an international group of speakers and delegates as well as a community of a thousand delegates from India and regional energy companies, energy-related industries, institutions and governments.
Key themes to be explored will include:
• How Will India Meet Its Energy and Climate Goals?
• Role of Gas in India's Future Energy Mix
• Increasing Domestic Oil and Gas Supply: Path to reduce India's import dependence
• Attracting International Technology and Investment in India's Energy Sector
• Disruption of Transportation: Electrification of the vehicle fleet – How fast?
• Role of Petrochemicals for "Make in India"
• Role of Hydrogen
• Turmoil in the World Oil Market
• The Surge of LNG: Impact on global markets
• Energy Security: A new calculus