Bid & Tender


QP Signs Deal with Chevron for Petrochem Project Development

Qatar Petroleum has signed an agreement with U.S. oil major Chevron for the development of a new petrochemicals complex at Ras Laffan Industrial City.


Chevron will own a 30% stake, while Qatar Petroleum will own the remaining 70% in the plant, which is due to start in 2025, Qatar Petroleum Chief Executive Saad al-Kaabi said at a news conference in Doha.


The new complex will help boost Qatar's polyethylene output capacity by 82%, Kaabi said.


Related News